Sunday 20 September 2009

Agonies of Indecision

Well, I hoped by now that I'd be settling down to a fairly regular podcast, but the 'time worms' are still feeding on my leisure hours and it's not proving possible for the moment. So, I'm gonna bite the bullet and say that, for the time being at least (never slam a door behind you), music and mumblings is wrapped up.

Ive had some incredibly good fun in the short time I was podcasting regularly, made some great new friends, and discovered (from other podcasts and my own investigations) some fantastic music. While I wont be actively digging for new stuff for a while, I will certainly be keeping my eyes open for new stuff from (amongst others) Lord Numb, SpidersLeg, Azoora and Dudley Saunders.

I'll be doing some writing (blog, maybe a couple of books) and maybe I might be able to pop up like a bad penny on Pete's PC Podcast once in a while (that IS how I started). Hopefully the lads will let me gatecrash the occasional podcrawl. For now, though, "that's it".

So, it remains only to say thank you to the people who made the music I've played, and the people who've listened to my efforts. 's been fun!

4 comments:

Peter Clitheroe said...

Oh dear, dear dear. That's such a shame, but I can't blame you. The research time needed to produce a worthwhile show really is a killer. I know we'll miss the truly quirky selection of tunes and I thank you for introducing me to more than a few.
Your contributions to the podcrawls will, I trust, continue. It just wouldn't be such an "occasion" without you there.
See you at the next one .. do we have a date in mind yet?

Codger said...

There was much mithering at "Le Fromagerie" upon hearing this sad news. I'm sure we can persuade you to bring forth a "Baby Bell" of cheesy comestibles occasionally.

lord numb said...

No, Grumbler, NO!! For whom will I now produce minimal techno re-workings of beloved childrens programmes?
Much respect and many many thanks for all your support of NUMB, you will be sorely missed.
LORD NUMB.

Martin said...

This listener is sad to hear this news - I have enjoyed going through your archive and finding new artists I wouldn't have listened to otherwise.